Thursday, October 15, 2020

Who are we following?

Reading: Zephaniah 1-3, Acts 17, and 2 Corinthians 5

Scripture: Zephaniah 1:4-5, I will stretch out my hand against Judah and against all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off from this place the remnant of Baal and the name of the idolatrous priests along with the priests, those who bow down on the roofs to the host of the heavens, those who bow down and swear to the Lord and yet swear by Milcom,

Thoughts: As I watch the world change over the last 40 years I also realize that much of it has not changed. We are called to seek after God and proclaim the blessings that come from Him who created all things. We are here to be the voice of God to the people around us. We are told to be in the world but not of the world. God is the standard that all things are to be measured. No, none of us can measure up to that standard but that is why Christ died for us. Here in Pacific North West specifically Oregon we hear about being the most unchurched area. I am watching this world disintegrate and dive deeper into idolatrous ways, they may not have gods with names like Baal or Milcom today but the worship of money and debauchery is rampant just yesterday I drove about 50 miles and passed 10-15 adult stores not to mention the strip clubs. Are we claiming to be followers of Christ and walking with the world letting the world fill us or are we truly being a light and letting our hearts be broken for what breaks God’s heart. 

Prayer: Father you are the creator of all things, your glory shines in your creations, I ask that I be polished to better reflect your light into this dark world. I thank you for the opportunities to shine your light and I long to be a better mirror. I thank you that you know me and seek after me. I thank you for my family and friends. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you provide. I ask that you continue to break my heart for what breaks yours and to help me to see the things in my life that are issues and need work so that I may better reflect your love and mercy to the world around me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment