Saturday, October 3, 2020

Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.

 Reading: Isaiah 50-51, Psalm 58, Acts 5, and 1 Corinthians 15

Scripture: 1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:32, What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”

Thoughts: As I was reading this passage, the way that the media and even schools today are pushing science as the be all end all of things, that this passage is basically the way that the loudest part of the world is living. The world pushes nothing but science, nothing is true unless it is repeatable and measurable. In my studies into different sciences I feel that science affirms my belief in God, from the intricacies of the human body including Laminin a molecule vital to the function of our body and is shaped like the Cross, to the simplicity of a single cell organism or the interdependence of a forest on all the animals and creatures living in it. But when we decide to leave behind that we are made in the image of God and dismiss the resurrection, we see ourselves as animals and nothing is off limits. 

Prayer: Father you are the creator of all things, you make heaven and earth to declare your glory and you made us in your image. I thank you that you are hear with us every day. I thank you for your love and mercy. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provision and blessing, you take care of all that I need and lead me in the direction I should go. I ask for your truth to be know and that the spirit of deception be removed, help us to remove the blinders from those around us and grow deeper with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment