Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Where is your citizenship?

Reading: Habakkuk 1-3 and Acts 16

Scripture: Habakkuk 2:3, For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.

Thoughts: I feel like lately there has been an increase in talking on and teaching about the end times. Jesus told the Pharisees that they see the signs but don’t understand them. Whether Habakkuk through his vision is referring to something that has already come and gone, it can also be applied to the end. We are told that is will come but we are not to know the day or time. As a human I know that if I know when the end would happen or just knew when I would die there is much I would do and figure I will repent later. The kingdom of God is near and we are called to live as citizens of that kingdom even as we sojourn here on earth. Be prepared the end is coming.

Prayer: Father you are so good, you lead us and guide us even though we want to seek our own glory and our own pleasure. I thank you for seeking and calling after me even when I turned my back on you. I thank you that your grace is sufficient for me. I thank you for my family and the joy and love they have taught me to have. I thank you for my friends and the accountably and connection they bring to my life. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us every day. I ask that you help me to focus on living for you and living as that citizen of your kingdom and not my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment