Saturday, October 17, 2020

Remove the foreskin of your hearts

Reading: Jeremiah 3-5 and Acts 19

Scripture: Jeremiah 4:4, Circumcise yourselves to the Lord; remove the foreskin of your hearts, O men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem; lest my wrath go forth like fire, and burn with none to quench it, because of the evil of your deeds.

Thoughts: Circumcision was given to Abraham as a sign of the covenant between him and God, being part of the tradition and just a thing you did to your sons. Jeremiah was reminding them that they need to be set apart for God not only physically but with their heart. As a gentile circumcision is not required but we are all called to remove the foreskin of our hearts, to set ourselves apart from the world. We are all sinners and through the death and resurrection of Jesus we have been washed clean and are on a daily journey to righteousness. Let us set remove those things that do not glorify God or point to him so that we become more like him.

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, your creation shouts of your glory. You are the one who knows everything about me and love me despite my failures. I lay my shortcomings and sins at your feet, I ask that you help me to recognize were I am falling short and what needs correction. I thank you for you corrections. I thank you for your love and mercy. I thank you for my family and friends. I ask that you be with all who are sick, give them the strength to overcome and they wisdom to walk though the situation. I ask that you open my eyes and ears more to see and hear you and help me to walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment