Thursday, May 28, 2020

May 28, 2020 What Baggage are you hiding in????

Reading: 1 Samuel 10-12 and Matthew 6

Scripture: 1 Samuel 10:22, So they inquired again of the Lord, "Is there a man still to come?" and the Lord said, "Behold, he has hidden himself among the baggage."

Thoughts: We are all called to do something. We all have our own particular set of skills that God has given us so we can accomplish that which we are called to. I am still in the middle of figuring out what my calling looks like. I know I am to teach, and we have been called to a time of quieting and training. I normally have been teaching 5th and 6th graders in our children’s ministry, but I don’t think that is the end. Here Saul was hiding from Samuel and maybe trying to hide from God. The Bible does not say why he is hiding, be it fear or nerves he was hiding from God’s calling. Saul hid in the baggage, I ran from God or at least put him on the furthest back burner there is for about 11 years. It took going through 2 divorces and God bringing the 2X4 up-side my head to discover that I was not where I was meant to be. What baggage are you hiding in and what calling are you hiding from.

Prayer: Father, you are so wonderful, you call us continually seeking none be lost. Your creation shines your greatness and your glory. I thank you that you are seeking us. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I thank you for my family and my band of brothers who are in my foxhole ready to battle with me. I thank you that you are our banner and my armor. I ask that you help me to overcome the things that are holding me back from your calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment