Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 26, 2020 What are your spoils of war???

Reading: 1 Samuel 4-7 and Matthew 4

Scripture: 1 Samuel 5:3-4, And when the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, behold, Dagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the Lord . So they took Dagon and put him back in his place. But when they rose early on the next morning, behold, Dagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the Lord , and the head of Dagon and both his hands were lying cut off on the threshold. Only the trunk of Dagon was left to him.

Thoughts: Just like us the people of Ashdod took home the spoils of war in this case the Ark to The Covenant knowing that this represented Yahweh the had enough reverence to this item to place it with their god. I love how God made Dagon to bow before him to the point of removing his head and hands showing that this is no god. When we overcome something in our lives are we giving it a place of reverence because of what it was or because of who help us to overcome it. I know in my life when I have held onto things after being told that “as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.” Psalm 103:12 When I have held onto things they have this tendency to become chains and snares again. After God showed his power by making their god fall before him then gave them tumors they gave it back and sent it with a sacrifice. When we overcome something we need to not keep that trophy on the wall but celebrate and send it packing on that trip as far as the east is from the west. 

Prayer: Father, you are so wonderful you take care of all our needs and lead us into the promised land. I thank you that you do separate us from out sins as far as the east is from the west. I thank you for my family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you are pouring out. I ask that you help me to release those things I am holding onto that are not letting these transgressions be thrown into the sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment