Thursday, May 14, 2020

May 14, 2020 whom do you serve?

 Reading: Joshua 23-24, Psalm 99, and Colossians 1

 Scripture: Joshua 24:15, And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord , choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

 Thoughts: I have read Joshua many times and the verse hundreds of times even having it in my wedding, and when we bought a home it was already on the wall. It is easy to let a passage like this get to the point that it is just part of our day to day life when it is around us every day. Today when going through Joshua it hit me that this was toward the end of his life, he was between 60-80 years old when Moses died and he led Israel into the promised land and then a few verses later it says he was 110 when he died. For some reason I thought it was said earlier. Here after they had taken most of the promised land and he had told them that God was going before them to take the land. That is when he tells them to choose. We are still at war; we are battling to take the land promised to us in our lives. We need to be sure to choose every whom we are seeking, God or the world.

 Prayer: Father you are the one who paves the way and moves obstacles. I thank you that you are the one that opens eyes and ears, you are the one who heals and gives health. I thank you that you are the provider and blesser of those who call on your name. I ask that you help me to walk in your ways and open my eyes to your path and my ears to your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment