Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May 13, 2020 What are we building????

 Reading: Joshua 21-22 and Philippians 4

 Scripture: Joshua 22:12-14, And when the people of Israel heard of it, the whole assembly of the people of Israel gathered at Shiloh to make war against them. Then the people of Israel sent to the people of Reuben and the people of Gad and the half-tribe of Manasseh, in the land of Gilead, Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, and with him ten chiefs, one from each of the tribal families of Israel, every one of them the head of a family among the clans of Israel.

 Thoughts: When someone does something to me my first thought is almost always, “they are going to pay.” I could see how after all this time at war that a group started doing something odd it would need to be investigated. Israel went to see what was going on, they did just send a spy they gathered an army then sent God’s representative and the heads of the houses to see talk to them. When we have a disagreement how often do, we skip over this particularly important part? We gather our army and drive right into battle when maybe the issue you though to you saw was not an issue at all. We need to remember that when ever we come into a situation that looks like a conflict bring God’s representative and have a conversation. Instead of something being destroyed maybe there is something to be built between us.

 Prayer: Father you are the great bridge builder, the architect of this world, you lead us and guide us in our endeavors. I thank you that you are a part of all I do. I thank you for my family and those close to me. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you are continually pouring out. I ask that you help me to keep my anger under control and to lead in love. I ask that this anger and with me and not pass to my children help me to learn to overcome so my children may have that victory as well. Help me to always remember to bring you are your representative with me into every conflict or potential conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment