Monday, May 11, 2020

May 11, 2020 Who are you listening to????

 Reading: Joshua 16-18 and Philippians 2

 Scripture: Philippians 2:2-3, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

 Thoughts: I sit here with Paul’s words echoing in my head, first be of one accord and of one mind, yet we have this tendency to look to the hundreds and maybe even thousands of different new sources and all seem to lean a different directions but majority are sowing nothing more than fear. As new studies come out about this Pandemic depending on the source we are ether being told everyone is going to die if we do not hide ourselves away in our homes and do nothing or we are being told it is all a conspiracy. I try to only listen to the antidotal evidence that is being presented but all groups have backers of some sort so even that is not always trustworthy. What we can do is Trust the Word of God and life as we are called to live, loving one another and placing others needs above our own wants and needs.

 Prayer: Father you are the same yesterday today and forever, you are the one I run to. I thank you that you watch over me and know the hairs on my head. I thank you that you are taking care of my family. I thank you for your provisions and your blessings that you are pouring out on everyone. I ask that you help me to seek being of the same heart and mind with you and your Church.


No comments:

Post a Comment