Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 27, 2020 Okay, if that is really what you want?!?!?!?!

Reading: 1 Samuel 8-9 and Matthew 5 

Scripture: 1 Samuel 8:6-7, But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the Lord. And the Lord said to Samuel, "Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them. 

Thoughts: I have heard many complaints about the state our would is in. The complaints range from global to local. God loves us, wants the best for us, and will do anything for us including letting us go to do our own thing. This was one of the examples of God saying “Okay, if this is really what you want” (Authors Paraphrase) As we live in a fallen world and little by little of the course of a couple thousand years, things that are deplorable to God and the largest portion of humanity of the time have now become part of the norm and in some cases pushed to be the new normal. Israel was called to have God as their King and they wanted to be like the world and have a King. Not only have I seen the change in the would in just the last 39 years of my life, I have also seen the change in what many churches are saying it is Okay. Are we following God and his Word and voice or are we listening to the world and saying we want what they have? 

Prayer: Father you are the great redeemer, you call us as we walk away but will not hold us that we cannot go our own way. I thank you that you see me as worthy of continued calling after and that you know me. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me. I thank you for your love, blessings and provisions that you pour out every day. Open my eye to your glory. I ask that you help me forsake the things that brings us apart and hold onto the things that bring us closer and shine your love in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment