Friday, May 8, 2020

May 8, 2020 Who is standing on your neck???

 Reading: Joshua 10-11 and Ephesians 5

 Scripture: Joshua 10:24-25, And when they brought those kings out to Joshua, Joshua summoned all the men of Israel and said to the chiefs of the men of war who had gone with him, “Come near; put your feet on the necks of these kings.” Then they came near and put their feet on their necks. And Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid or dismayed; be strong and courageous. For thus the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you fight.”

 Thoughts: At this point in my life and the state of the world, and maybe because of what is being read here in Joshua I have been feeling more and more like a warrior. Lucky for me the warrior is in the spiritual not the physical because I am not in the best of shape. With feeling the call for warriors and that there is a battle brewing, are needing to train for the battle we are not yet in and daily put on God’s armor. We are told that we are victorious in Christ and we need to seek him and his strategy in the battle before us. How can we open ourselves to his plans?

 Prayer: Lord, you are the commander of multitudes and yet you still have a plan and a direction for me. I fall on my face in awe and wonder of your glory. I thank you that you are watching over me and lead us in your love. I thank you for my family and those that are as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings. I ask that you open my heart, mind and eyes to the battle and the plans and how my life fits into your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment