Monday, May 18, 2020

May 18, 2020 What Faith!?!?!?

Reading: Judges 7-8 and 1 Thessalonians 1-2

Scripture: Judges 7:7, And the Lord said to Gideon, “With the 300 men who lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hand, and let all the others go every man to his home.”

Thoughts: When reading this as much faith that would have been bolstered by hearing God and knowing what to do hearing that you are going to be having approximately 98 percent less troops to go defeat this huge army would have freaked me out. Gideon started with 32 thousand and left with three hundred. I work on machinery and if most of my tools were going and I was only allowed maybe 2 or 3 I would not feel highly effective. But how can we show God’s love and power in overcoming things if we do not let God effectively tie our hands behind our backs and say, “I will take it from here.” I know that my first instinct would have been no way am I sending home the first 22 thousand looking down at the 135 thousand, let alone letting another 9,700 go after they drank from the river. Not only are we needing to remember that God is our strength and the one who makes the plans, We also need to remember to relinquish command of ourselves and point to the one who deserves the glory.


Prayer: Father you are the great I am, you know what is coming and how well prepared we may or may not be. You care the orchestrator of our victory and we must walk in it. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us each day. I thank you for my family and my foxhole brothers, I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you are pouring out on us. I ask that you help me to overcome my want to control things and let you lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment