Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May 20, 2020 Comes on like labor pains?!?!?

Reading: Judges 11-13 and 1 Thessalonians 5

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:3-4, While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Thoughts: The peace of the Lord is the only place where we can find peace in the middle of this pandemic. We are in uncertain times and a place where the governments are trying to control everyone in the name of public safety. There is so much mixed date out there about what is going on. Up until late February we were being told we were safe then as this passage said the “sudden destruction,” our lives got flip upside down in a matter of days. We are not in the dark God is our light God leads and guides us though times like this. If we were listening God was speaking before this hit telling of something coming. Let us not stick our heads into the dark or listen to the false promises of peace from the world and grow deeper in the strength, understanding, and peace that Only God can give.

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, you are the peace I long for and strength I need. I thank you that you pour those out on us every day. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provision and blessings you pour out on us every day. I ask that you help me to lean into your peace and strength and dwell in your light. Help me to overcome the snares that and trials that come at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment