Tuesday, May 12, 2020

May 12, 2020 Where O where have you gone?

Reading: Joshua 19-20, Psalm 53, and Philippians 3

Scripture: Philippians 3:16, Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

Thoughts: As I ponder what Paul is writing to the Philippians, Paul mentions all the reasons he could boast and to count it all as nothing. We are all striving for the goal, the call to daily be transformed by God to be more like Him. We are all a work in progress and as long as we let God do that work and strive to grown in him, he will continue to do that work. Just as Jesus said in Revelations 3:20, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” If we are not letting God into our lives and allowing the changes to happen, they will not. He will not force us to change or change us without our consent. Being that we are all in process only hold onto what you have attained but strive for God’s goal.

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, you know me and my needs, you shin a light one the next step and wait for our faith to step into it. I thank you that you do shine the light. I thank you that you have felt me worthy to steward the family you gave me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us that we know whom our strength comes from. I ask that you help me to see the light and help me to have the faith to step out in it. Open my eyes and heart to take the steps needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment