Thursday, May 7, 2020

May 7, 2020 What is your after battle tradition??

 Reading: Joshua 8-9 and Ephesians 4

 Scripture: Joshua 8:34, And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessing and the curse, according to all that is written in the Book of the Law.

 Thoughts: This is one of the many reasons I try to be in the word every day, There are days it is harder than others but I strive hard. After battle where they got kicked because there was sin, dealing with it then going back to stomp Ai. Now Joshua is giving everyone a reminder of the laws, and blessing and cursing that will come if they do or don’t follow the law and God. Most likely this would have been just the law (Leviticus or Deuteronomy). I need the daily reminders and filling that being I the word and seeking God brings to my day. We have this tendency to be forgetful beings, I know that I will remember the broad strokes of a story but I would remember every little bit, also The Word is alive and sharper then any 2 edged sward dividing soul and spirit. I need that daily interjection to help adjust where I am going astray and put me back on course.

 Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful your glory shines though all your creations, your love envelops me and I long to linger in your presence. I thank you for your love and mercy, I thank you for my family, I thank you for your provisions and blessings I thank you for your word and that it is a continual reminder and revelations within. I ask that you help me to be that father I need to be and the leader you have called me to be. Open my heart to your leadings and your directions. I ask your healing and health on this world and those whom you call your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment