Friday, May 22, 2020

May 22, 2020 The struggle with the fine line between a Hand out and a Hand Up

Reading: Judges 17-19 and 2 Thessalonians 3

Scripture: 2 Thessalonians 3:10, For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Thoughts: This passage is making me think more then anything. Living in the Portland Metro Area of Oregon, there is a large homeless population. As a Christian there is a part of me that wants to help and find ways to give a helping hand to help bring someone back to a place where they can flourish. I also struggle with the knowledge that there are many who are just like what this passage says, “not willing to work” and the political groups that are pushing to have more and more just given to them. We are to be the hands and feet of God.

Prayer: Father God you are the great provider, you pour out your grace and mercy, you meet the needs of all whom you call yours. I thank you for my family and the blessings they bring to my life. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you are pour out. I ask that you help me to see the how and where to help to bring your children home and point this world to you. Help me to have a discerning spirit to open my eye to the war that is waging around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment