Monday, May 4, 2020

May 4th, 2020 May the force be with you?

Reading: Joshua 1-3, Psalm 94, and Ephesians 1

Scripture: Joshua 1:17, Just as we obeyed Moses in all things, so we will obey you. Only may the Lord your God be with you, as he was with Moses!

Thoughts: It seemed fitting that this passage stood out to me today, as a fan of the Star Wars movies May 4th has become a time to be let your fandom flag fly. So, May the fourth be with you!!! With that out of my system…Moses just died, and Joshua is taking over his duties and the people of Israel are saying yes, we will follow you. Here they are seeing the leadership and authority move from one person to another. After Pentecost we were given the Holy Spirit to be our helper, our guide and our conduit to God. There are some churches and traditions the say something along the lines of, “The Lord keep you” or “The Lord be with you” I think we need to remind each other that we need to take God with us every where we go. He may be everywhere, but he will not manifest himself somewhere he is not welcome or asked to be. Let us take Holy Spirit with us and continually seek to seek God and his manifestation in our lives.

Prayer: Father God, I long to linger in your presences, I want to watch you move in the lives of others and in myself. I fall on my face and worship you. I thank you that you are the great provider and that all our needs are met though you. I thank you for the blessings that you pour out even though I do not deserve it. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I ask that you help me to desire to take you with me everywhere I go, Help me to walk in the authority you have for me to walk in and lead where I need to lead and follow where I need to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment