Wednesday, May 6, 2020

May 6, 2020 What is hidden in your tent???

Reading: Joshua 6-7 and Ephesians 3

Scripture: Joshua 7:11-12, Israel has sinned; they have transgressed my covenant that I commanded them; they have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen and lied and put them among their own belongings. Therefore the people of Israel cannot stand before their enemies. They turn their backs before their enemies, because they have become devoted for destruction. I will be with you no more, unless you destroy the devoted things from among you.

Thoughts: As I read this, I started feeling like this is just as much for us (the USA) as it was for the nation of Israel. We have been seeking after many other things other than our relationship with God. As the men went up to take Ai, they were defeated because there was sin in the nation. There is great sin in our nation. We are being called to call out the sin and rise as God’s people and point our nation back to the one who created it all. Do not be afraid to stand and be bold, God has prepared a podium and a microphone that you are uniquely qualified to speak into.

Prayer: Lord, you are in control of all, you make all things work together for our good. I thank you that you have a plan for us and that you are guiding us but not controlling us. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings in this time of uncertainty. I ask that you help kindle the fire of boldness in my heart and Break my heart for what breaks your and help me to break out of my complacency and speak out what you have for me to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment