Tuesday, May 19, 2020

May 19, 2020 I need control

Reading: Judges 9-10 and 1 Thessalonians 3-4

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 4:4, that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,

Thoughts: I have this tattooed on my wrist in a place where I see it every day. The first reason I got it was in memory of my older brother who based away partly due to a lack of control in his life and was moving that direction. I was getting into drinking and drugs and everything that comes with that world. Yes, this passage is mostly about sexual immorality in context but I feel that this encompasses everything. So not only is there Paul’s reminder to stay pure sexually but also to keep ourselves in control and hand over our struggles to God he will give us the strength to overcome.

Prayer: Father you are the strength when I’m weak you are the help that I need. I thank you that you help me to overcome and continue to help me overcome. I thank you for you provision and blessings you pour out on us. I thank you for bringing my family together and helping us to learn form each other. I ask that you continue to help me to keep control over my body and honor you in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment