Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May 5, 2020 Where are you going???

Reading: Joshua 4-5, Psalm 71, Ephesians 2, and Mark 16

Scripture: Psalm 71:3, Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come; you have given the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.

Thoughts: The thing that stood out to me today was the little phrase “to which I may continually come,” I find myself leaning on my own understanding, and looking to my own strength to get me though whatever situation is coming my way. I need this reminder of where my help stability and protection come from and that I must go to it continually. During my time as the epitome of the Sunday morning Christian where I dressed well and cleaned myself us to go to church worship and listen to the pastor then would walk out the door light a cigarette in the car as I sped off to find the next thing that I thought would the hole in my life. I took face-planting on rock bottom and letting God help me back up instead of pushing him away and I got myself back up to see that I needed him. As we continually come to him in study and prayer seeking him we will begin to see what we saw as just a stone sitting there is the Cornerstone of a mighty fortress where we can come to recharge after a battle so that we can be ready for the next.

Prayer: Lord you are the Rock, the Cornerstone, and our Rally place. You are the place we can run to in our time of need. Lord I thank you for being that Fortress and Refuge around me. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out every day. I ask that you help me to remember to come to you and to continually come to you as you are our strength and our comfort. Open our hearts to you and your leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment