Sunday, May 3, 2020

May 2, 2020 Treating Him as holy???

Reading: Deuteronomy 31-32 and Galatians 5

Scripture: Deuteronomy 32:51, because you broke faith with me in the midst of the people of Israel at the waters of Meribah-kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin, and because you did not treat me as holy in the midst of the people of Israel.

Thoughts: When we look at the Hall of Faith, there Moses is among all the other great men, women, and acts that are there in Hebrews 11. Yet here we are being reminded that he was as human as the rest of us. So often we will put the pastors and preachers on these pedestals and raise then above everyone else, but they are human and capable of sin. God is telling Moses that he can’t go in because he broke faith and didn’t treat God as holy at this time. He was not told he does not get to be with God or that he is going to hell but he lost out on the benefits that God wanted him to have forty years earlier and the spies convinced the nation that they could not do it even though God said to take it. Are we not treating God as holy in the midst of our people/world?

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful that you know the hairs on my head and the days of my life. I thank you that your grace covers me, and your love envelops me. I thank you for my family and friends. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us. I ask for wisdom in using the provision you give us help me to be the steward that you have called me to be. Help me to walk in your ways that I may see your blessings and help me to morn and grow when I make a mistake.


No comments:

Post a Comment