Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Who is speaking into your life?

Reading: Nehemiah 13, Malachi 1-2, 1 John 4, and 2 John1

Scripture: 1 John 4:5, They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

Thoughts: The media has been speaking to the world ever since it was created, there may have been time when is was more bias and time when it was less bias but they are of the world speaking to the world. Media whether is it social or main are the world speaking to the world. Before the world got so small because of the internet we had to seek out new but also we talked to our neighbors and community to see what was going on in the world around us. We have created such small echo chambers that we can get a few people around you all speaking the same thing that it feels like truth, or we can get something that is bad grab the world and place it in a fear induced standstill. The Bible says in 2 Timothy 1:7, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. Yet the media is telling us to fear everything, from a virus to the police and sowing distrust in everyone. Listen to God and his Word over what the world is trying to tell us. 

Prayer: Lord God, your love abounds and your truth nourishes my soul. You are the one who provides all things and through you all good things come about. I Thank you for all you are doing in my life the molding and refining. I thank you for the people you bring into my life to help me to see you more. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I ask that you help me to listen to you more and be able to discern the truth that is in the media and what is just leading us to more fear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment