Thursday, December 17, 2020

Church Killer

Reading: Zechariah 13-14, Psalm 80, Hebrews 10, and 1 Peter 4

Scripture: Hebrews 10:24-25, And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Thoughts: Over the years I have watched many local churches stop growing and even get to the point that the only people still there are those who are too old or set in their ways to search for a church that is not dying. In 2020 I faced a new dilemma, the government in the state where I live has been putting restrictions on how we are able to come together. Because of these restrictions it has killed many small churches who could not adapt. As much as people were neglecting to come together before this new culture of stay at home has increased the problem possibly 1000 times. We are social beings by creation, God being triune is in constant community and were created in his image. No matter if you see the end being days away, years away, or millennia away, the Day draws closer. We are called to stir up and encourage one another in love and good works. God first Life second where are your priorities? 

Prayer: Father God, you are the great encourager, you stir the hearts of those who are yours. I lay my own agendas at your feet and ask for your directions. I thank you that you are always encouraging us even when we do not listen. I thank you that you are the one who leads and guides us. I thank you for my family and those around me pointing to you. I thank you for your provisions and blessings. I ask that you help me to see your next step help me to know where to go and doors to walk though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment