Saturday, December 26, 2020

Strap on your sword!!!

Reading: Nehemiah 4-6, Psalm 93, James 5, and 2 Peter 3

Scripture: Nehemiah 4:22-23, I also said to the people at that time, “Let every man and his servant pass the night within Jerusalem, that they may be a guard for us by night and may labor by day.” So neither I nor my brothers nor my servants nor the men of the guard who followed me, none of us took off our clothes; each kept his weapon at his right hand.

Thoughts: In a time where many times you are what you do life can be depressing for many. I’m a cashier or the CEO both have very different feelings. I could create a small business and name myself CEO and it would sound impressive to say that, but the truth could be that in the business I would also be every position down to janitor. Now Nehemiah was calling these men to now that you are working also carry a sword or spear and be ready to defend this city and you can’t go home to get cleaned up and get a good night’s rest but you need to stay here and also be a guard at night. Sure, the Church had plenty of people who work or volunteer there but there are also many churches that the pastor and family do almost everything. I am grateful for all the pastors who have many hats. My point is we are not what we do we are not the position we have; we are adopted children of the most high God. 

Payer: Father, you are the one who pours out our gifts and abilities, you give us passion that can be used to glorify you. I lay down my desires and seek to glorify you. I thank you for your refining and molding you are doing in me. I thank you that you are working in my heart. I thank you for my family. I thank you for the provisions that you pour out on us. I thank you for the opportunities to learn to be a better steward of those things you entrust to me. I ask that you help me to prepare to be ready when the enemy comes being that we are all working and carrying a sword. 

No comments:

Post a Comment