Friday, December 18, 2020

Just keep Swimming

Reading: Ezra 5-6, Psalm 110, Hebrews 11, and 1 Peter 5

Scripture: Ezra 5:5, But the eye of their God was on the elders of the Jews, and they did not stop them until the report should reach Darius and then an answer be returned by letter concerning it.

Thoughts: Have you ever been in that middle of doing something and then are asked what are you doing and it completely stops everything that is going on? I know I have, instead of being like these men rebuilding the Temple, we stop and wait to hear are we able to continue. I have heard pastors talk about how people have come to them and tell them they are not hearing God any longer. Most of the time they talk about the how we need to go back to the last thing we heard God tell us and do that. These men rebuilding the temple the last thing they heard was rebuild the temple and even though someone came and asked what they were doing, they replied and continued to work. When God give us a direction, we need to keep walking in it until we get new marching plans.

Prayer: Father God you know the struggles and trials of this life, you know the hears on our heads even when we get off track. Your plans are higher than ours and you ways are higher. I thank you for the opportunity to server and shine your light any way I can. I ask your forgiveness when I have missed the mark. I thank you for those who walk with me and point me back to you. I thank you for my family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I ask that you help me to remember that last thing I was told so that I can walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment