Saturday, December 26, 2020

Taken for granted.

Reading: Nehemiah 7-8 and 1 John 1

Scripture: Nehemiah 8:18, And day by day, from the first day to the last day, he read from the Book of the Law of God. They kept the feast seven days, and on the eighth day there was a solemn assembly, according to the rule.

Thoughts: After coming together to start the process of rebuilding and things coming together and funds coming into the temple for the work and services of the temple they get to the time for the Feast of Booths. After instructing them to build their booths for the next 7 days they focused on the readings of the law. In that time only the priest and the temples were able to have copies of the scriptures, so other then than the readings at synagogue they would not have the ability to listen to or dive into scripture. We are blessed to have such access to the Word of God, there are those that even today who cannot get it other than by word of mouth. With it so easily accessible it is easy to take it for granted. Are we diving deep and seeking God’s word or are we taking it for granted that it will be there when we need it? 

Prayer: Father God your word is food to my soul, your love sustains me and your grace abounds over me. I lay my life before you, take me and use me as you will. I thank you for all you are doing in my life the guidance and refining your do. I thank you for my family, I thank you for the men you have brought into my life. I thank you for the provisions you give us even when we don’t see it or understand the timing. Help me to keep you as a priority in my life and see you every day. 

1 comment: