Sunday, December 20, 2020

But that is what I wanted!!!

Reading: Esther 3-6, Psalm 126, and Hebrews 13

Scripture: Esther 6:10, Then the king said to Haman, “Hurry; take the robes and the horse, as you have said, and do so to Mordecai the Jew, who sits at the king’s gate. Leave out nothing that you have mentioned.” Hebrews 13:1, Let brotherly love continue.

Thoughts: It always amazes me how much God can be seen in a book that dose not bear his name, this account of a young woman becoming queen and God using her and her family to save his nation. Have you ever overheard or was talked to about someone that was going to be honored and got our hopes a little too high thinning it was us to have it given to someone we did not like, or we felt did not deserve it? That give us a little hint of how Haman was feeling after telling the king all the things he wanted and then told to go do that for Mordecai. Then I came to Hebrews and completely out of context the verse “Let Brotherly love continue” jumped out connecting to Esther. Brotherly love calls us to rejoice and weep with our brothers being good stewards of God’s love to pour into others and share it with all. Haman came to seek to kill Mordecai and in turn had to show him some of the greatest honor. Let us rejoice with those who are being raise up, because it is not anything we do to be raised up but God who brings up and tears down. 

Prayer: Father God you are the one who orchestrates all things to glorify you and point to you. Your glory shines from all of creation. I place my desires in your hands. I thank you for all you have done for us, your guidance and your mercy. I thank you for your molding and refining you are doing in me. I thank you for my family and the provisions you give us, help us to be the stewards you call us to be. I ask that you help me to show my brotherly love more open my heart to those whom you place in my path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment