Tuesday, December 29, 2020

They hate me!

Reading: Nehemiah 11-12 and 1 John 3

Scripture: 1 John 3-13-14, Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you. We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death.

Thoughts: We have been called to love, we have also been called to be a light to this world and part of that is pointing out that we are all sinners, we are all broken. I can’t point to your sin and say it is any greater than anyone else’s but we are to call sin, sin. When we do this we properly people will be pointed to God and the gift ha gave us through his Son. We will be hated because he was hated, in a world that is pushing the acceptance of everything and when we look at things Biblically and call a sin what it is we are looked at as bigoted, intolerant, and judgmental. I believe that the church can take it too far but if we don’t hold to God’s standards then sin within the church will get to the point that we are no longer worshiping Yahweh but our own version of god. Let us love and let the world hate us.

Prayer: Father God, your love is greater than the hate toward us, your grace is abundant they flow from you to us to overflowing so that we can give it away. I thank you for your love and grace, I thank you for your guidance and instructions. I thank you for your refining and molding you are doing in my heart. I thank you for my family. I thank you for your provisions that we get to steward. Give us the strength to endure the hat that will come, help us to know when and how to share the truth you have given us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment