Friday, December 4, 2020

I don't care how I want it Now!!!

Reading: Ezekiel 43-44, Psalm 112, 2 Timothy 1, and Titus 1

Scripture: Psalm 112:10, The wicked man sees it and is angry; he gnashes his teeth and melts away; the desire of the wicked will perish!

Thoughts: The psalmist spends almost the entire psalm writing about the great blessings of fearing God and delighting in His commands. As humans we have been encouraged throughout history, especially in America that we are to think for ourselves and seek our own glory and focus on ourselves. The largest tool that evil one has and the easiest to grow in almost everyone is selfishness. The famous quote from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from 1971, where Veruca Salt after singing and dancing around she make makes one last statement “I don’t care how I want it now!!” Are we living in the blessings of fearing God or are we being a Veruca?

Prayer: Father you are the one who made it all your creations shouts your glory. I place my life in your hands. I thank you for all you have done and all you are doing in my life. I ask that you help me to walk in you ways. You are worthy of all praise and honor. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you continue to give us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment