Tuesday, December 22, 2020

If we are the Body...

Reading: Ezra 7-8 and James 2

Scripture: James 2:3-4, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Thoughts: When reading this passage this morning a song came to mind, Casting Crowns “If we are the Body.” I feel it is easier to ignore those we do not know and/or do not dress right, than it is to show them the Love that God had given us. James was making a point that people of the church were doing this and apparently it was so pervasive that it needed to be addressed. Where I live the homeless and panhandling has gotten so bad that it is hard to go a mile without seeing a camp or a block without seeing someone asking for some sort of handouts. As the song and this passage say together if we are the hands and feet of God why are we not doing what Jesus did throughout his ministry, why are we not sharing God’s love to all that we meet? 

Prayer: Lord God I lay my life before you, your love pours out over this world and you call us to share that love. You are the head and as the hands and feet we are called to step out and show our faith by our works. You are in control and lead us. I thank you for all you have done in my life and all that you are doing in my life, the molding and refining that you are leading me through. I thank you for my family. I thank you for those around me the speak into my life. I thank you for your provision that you give us. I ask that you help me to be the steward you call me to be, not just with my finances but also with your love and mercy. Help me to be better hands and feet for your Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment