Thursday, December 10, 2020

Selling fear!!!

Reading: Daniel 11-12, Psalm 95, and Hebrews 3

Scripture: Daniel 11:32-33, He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action. And the wise among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder.

Thoughts: As I was reading this passage today, I am not sure if we are seeing the king that this section if Daniel is talking about, but I am seeing that media with a hard bias claiming to be nonpartisan. Media has been presented to us as this great place to get our information and that we are getting that information from groups that do not have a leaning. The media has become the mouthpiece of the left and any time someone contradicts them they are called liars and bigots. It is getting to the point as I see those around me believing what the media is saying over thinking for themselves and doing a little research. Yes COVID-19 is a nasty virus that spreads easily, and this is what the media harps on, not the fact that of those tested there is a about a 98 percent rate of recovery, that number may be even higher in the fact that not everyone gets tested, they got sick they stayed home got over it and went on with life. The media and those controlling the media use fear to control the people. The Bible tells us to not have a spirit of fear 2 Timothy 1:7, do not live in fear and seek the truth. Daniel is talking about people being seduces by flattery I feel that media is the beginnings of that seduction. 

Prayer: Father you are the one in control, you raise up and bring down, you lead and open doors, you give wisdom and a discerning spirit. I lay my own desires to control my life and seek you will. I thank you for the molding and refining you are doing in me. I thank you for those people you place in my life to help me grow and those whom I get to encourage. I thank you for you provisions and blessings you pour out on us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment