Monday, December 21, 2020

Shields up

Reading: Esther 7-10 and James 1

Scripture: James 1:12, Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Thoughts: We have trials and attacks from the evil one regularly, whether we recognize them or not. It can be as simple as an attractive person getting you to think about things that should only be within the covenant of marriage, to a situation happening that is driving you to anger and wanting to act upon that anger. With these trials coming into our lives every day and sometimes multiple times a day, are we striving for righteousness and seeking God’s strength to overcome or are we just seeking our own pleasures at the time? I know that when I have missed being in the word or have consumed too much of the worlds influence that I will fall into seeking my own pleasures, and the crown that is promised for those who are steadfast I miss. I long to walk in his righteousness and his strength and seek his glory.

Prayer: Father, your glory shines out through all you have made. I thank you for knowing me and every hair on my head. I thank you for guiding, molding and refining me every day even when I fail. I thank you for placing me where you have and the lessons you have for me. I thank you for my family and those around me. I thank you for your provisions and the opportunity to be your steward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment