Saturday, December 19, 2020

Discipline me!

Reading: Esther 1-2, Psalm 108, and Hebrews 12

Scripture: Hebrews 12:11, For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Thoughts: As I was reading the thought of Galatians 5:22-23, the Fruit of the Spirit, when we are not practicing the fruit of the spirit and seeking to be God’s light we will be disciplined. As we learn from our discipline we will grow in our likeness to God and better become lights to his world. We are not called to have to good feelings but to be transformed and in my experience to be transformed I need to be disciplined. 

Prayer: Father God you are just and you draw us and discipline us as we need to be a better witness for you. I lay my life before you and seek your ways. I thank you for your discipline and the correction that brings me back into your embrace. I thank you for my family and my friends. I thank you for the people you have placed in my life that point me to you. I thank you for your provisions and the opportunity to be your steward. I ask that you lead me and guide me in all I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment