Saturday, December 5, 2020

I am in the Lord's Army!!!

Reading: Ezekiel 45-46, Psalm 36, 2 Timothy 2, and Titus 2

Scripture: 2 Timothy 2:3-5, Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.

Thoughts: Growing up in the church I do not know how many times we sang the song “The Lord’s Army” we would also talk about the armor of God, telling us kids that we are in God’s army. Even though I had family that had been in the military it was not ingrained in me like it can be in many military families, I had no real idea with an army was let alone to be in God’s army. Now on the verge of 40 I have friends who have served, I know people who have been to war and come back different people, war is an ugly thing. Paul was reminding Timothy that he chose to enlist into God’s army and in doing so he needs to lay down his civilian pursuits. As soldiers we have our orders, and we have a direction to go and our goal is to carry them out to the best of our ability. As a kid I may not have understood what I was singing beyond a fun song, but today I declare “I am in the Lord’s Army” I may not be on the frontline storming a stronghold, but I am there to do my part.

Prayer: Lord, you have opened the ranks to all who wish to enlist and fight for our family. Your strength and power are given freely to us to combat the evil one. I thank you for the work you are doing and have done in my life the refining and molding that occurs every day. I thank you for my family. I thank you for the provisions and strength you give us. I ask that you help me to find my place in your army. 

No comments:

Post a Comment