Thursday, December 3, 2020

Where is your wall?

Reading: Ezekiel 41-42 and 2 Timothy 6

Scripture: Ezekiel 42:20, He measured it on the four sides. It had a wall around it, 500 cubits long and 500 cubits broad, to make a separation between the holy and the common.

Thoughts: The angel of the Lord had been showing Ezekiel around the Temple, not the temple that could be destroyed and rebuild but the true Temple in Heaven. Here at the end of chapter forty-two Ezekiel saw this wall that was to separate the holy and the common, before Jesus gave his life for us there was no way through, over, or around these walls. Israel had the law and ways to cover their sins, but until Jesus died for us tearing the vail, the separation between God and man and taking our sins there was no way in. Are we living separated from God and his love by not accepting the Gift He gave us though his Son, or are we living in his abundant everlasting love given freely though His Son’s sacrifice? 

Prayer: Father God, you have given us the opportunity to come into your presence, and to seek you face to face, your love endures, and your grace is sufficient for even me. I thank you for accepting me as I am but loving me enough not to leave me there. I thank you for my family and the joys and trials that come with. I thank you for all you do for us, your provisions and blessings abound over us. I ask that you help me to come into your presence properly and with thanksgiving in my heart to honor you and seek your plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment