Tuesday, December 29, 2020

How are we starting out?

Reading: Nehemiah 9-10 and 1 John 2

Scripture: Nehemiah 9:1, Now on the twenty-fourth day of this month the people of Israel were assembled with fasting and in sackcloth, and with earth on their heads.

Thoughts: As I was reading this, coming to the first of the year when many create resolutions and plan on trying to do better than the last year. I felt this urging to start my year with a fast then our pastor calls a 21 day fast. How are we starting our new year, are we seeking God, are we putting him first but or are we continuing to walk out our lives the same way we always have? 

Prayer: Father we honor you, we place you in the proper place in our lives and seek to know you more. Your grace abounds and your love endures. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me, I thank you that you are molding and refining my heart. I thank you for my family and those who are as family, I thank you that you are in control. I thank you for the provision and blessings you are giving us to steward. I ask that you continue to open my heart and lead me where you have for me to serve in your plans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment