Wednesday, December 16, 2020

No Secrets

Reading: Zechariah 10-12, Psalm 40, Hebrews 9, and 1 Peter 3

Scripture: Psalm 40:8-10, I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.” I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; behold, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O Lord. I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart; I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation.

Thoughts: In Matthew in what is commonly referred to as The Great Commission we are told to go into all the world and preach the Gospel, the psalmist here is praising God and declaring that they are not hiding but declaring God’s love. They may have only known of the covenants with Abraham and Moses and the Law that came from God on the Mountain. That Congregation would have been Israel, but we are now adopted into that family and we have been told not to keep God’s love a secret, Go and Spread the Good news.

Prayer: Lord God you are the orchestrator of all things, even when there is a off note you bring it into a beautiful sound. Your glory shines above all things. I Long to dwell in your presence and seek your glory. I thank you for those around me who help point me to you when I start to stray. I thank you for my family and the Joy they bring I thank you for your provisions and blessings. I ask that you help me to be your voice where it is needed, give me the direction in my life and help me to step boldly in your will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment