Wednesday, December 2, 2020

And Nations will Know

Reading: Ezekiel 39-40 and 1 Timothy 5

Scripture: Ezekiel 39:7-8, And my holy name I will make known in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not let my holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel. Behold, it is coming and it will be brought about, declares the Lord God. That is the day of which I have spoken.

Thoughts: As we look back at how many times both the Israel and Juda turned away from God through leadership and lack of leadership, stretching from the time of the judges through the kings of both groups. God would raise up judges to bring the nations into alignment or so many times there were kings that “did evil in the sight of the lord.” The nations also were taken into captivity because of disobedience. Ezekiel stars with God will make his name know, and not let it be profaned. There are many nations in this would that I feel that are profaning God’s name and not looking to him for guidance. Every day we are one day closer to every nation knowing that God is the Holy One if Israel. We have the privilege of becoming part of that family through the adoption offered through the death and resurrection of Jesus. Let us be a part of the sharing of the Gospel. 

Prayer: Father God you are in control, you are the one who raises up and who brings down. I fall on my face before you and seek your glory. I thank you that you are refining me you are leading me in my ways. I thank you for your love. I thank you for my family and my friends. I thank you for the provisions you pour out on us every day. I ask that you help me to set my priorities on you and what you have set for me. lead and guide me every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment