Monday, April 8, 2019

April 8th, 2019 Servant to all

Reading: Numbers 19-20, Psalm 47, 1 Corinthians 9, and Mark 4

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 9:18-19, What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel.
For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them.

Thoughts: I am called to teach, over the years I doubted myself and din’t think a was any good in a scholarly sense. I was not the greatest of students in high school and dropped out of college that I went to strait out of high school. I struggled with my reading and my writing. Here I am nearly 20 years later with a BA and a calling that is being lived out in teaching 10-12 year olds in children's ministry. I know that because of this calling not only am I held to I higher standard just as those who preach are, I am also needing to make full use of my right in the Gospel. I am planting seeds of God’s love into the lives of each of these children. I may never see what comes of the things I have the poured out into these kids but I know that God’s work does not begin and end with me I am but a cog in his great machine.

Prayer: Father I thank you for your love and guidance. Thank you for your continual provision and blessings that are poured our upon thus house. I thank you for placing this calling upon my life. I know this is where you have for me now help me to know the next step and the next part so that I may continue to walk in your will. Help me to walk our your plan and seek you.

No comments:

Post a Comment