Friday, April 5, 2019

April 5, 2019 All the Same

Reading: Numbers 15, Psalm 95, 1 Corinthians 6, and Mark 2

Scripture: Numbers 15:15-16, For the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the stranger who sojourns with you, a statute forever throughout your generations. You and the sojourner shall be alike before the Lord. One law and one rule shall be for you and for the stranger who sojourns with you.

Thoughts: As I was going though Numbers I saw that we are the sojourner in the mist of Israel. Through Jesus Christ we are adopted into the family and made citizens of the kingdom of God. Just as those who were not born into the family of Israel but living as part of the family were sojourning with Israel they have the same law and same way of doing thing. We as adopted heirs and citizens of God’s kingdom we have the same rights and statues set before us. We are blessed in that through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice we no longer need to bring the blood of lambs and goats to cover our sins and mistakes His blood washed us clean and we need to would in it.

Prayer: Father I thank you for all you have done for us. I thank you for sending your Son  to restore our proper connection with you. I thank you for bringing me into the folds of your embrace and opening my eyes to your love. I ask that you continue to open my eyes and my ears to your leading and guidance as I go about each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment