Friday, April 12, 2019

April 12, 2019 Are you Jealous?!?!

Reading: Numbers 25-26 and 1 Corinthians 13

Scripture: Numbers 25:11, Phinehas the son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, has turned back my wrath from the people of Israel, in that he was jealous with my jealousy among them, so that I did not consume the people of Israel in my jealousy.

Thoughts: God is a jealous God and does not wish us to go chasing after other things. Money and Lust are just two of the common things that get us to start getting off track even just a little. That little off course here may result of hundreds of miles down the road. Phinehas was jealous for God to the point of killing two people who were in the middle of sinning against God and against Israel. With is jealousy he turned back the wrath of God. We are to be jealous as well, not to the point of murder but to speak out god’s love and speak life into the world around us.

Prayer: Father you are Jealous for me and for this world, I Thank you that you pursued me and called me. I thank you for your provisions and blessings each day. As Phineuas had your righteous jealousy, give use the boldness and jealousy to speak up for you and to be willing to have that target put on us for your glory. I ask for your steadfast loving kindness to fill us and strengthen us.

No comments:

Post a Comment