Thursday, April 18, 2019

April 17, 2019 The Abundant Love

Reading: Numbers 33, Psalm 65, 2 Corinthians 2, and Mark 7

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 2:4, For I wrote to you out of much affliction and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you.

Thoughts: I know that I have had times where I have spoke out about God or a situation but did it in the wrong way. There are churches and groups of people who go out in this way to hate on those different from them. We are called not to be like them, Christ’s Church is called to like Paul said in 2 Corinthians 2:4b, “… not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you.” Love one another. 1 Peter 4:8-10, “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace”

Prayer: Father I thank you for your Love, I thank you for the protection you have placed around my family. I lift up those who have been hurt by the church and have turned away because of those in your church. I ask that you help each of us to come to know your love better and learn to pout it out just as Christ did on the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment