Wednesday, April 24, 2019

April 24, 2019 A Friend that is as my own soul.

Reading: Deuteronomy 11-13 and 2 Corinthians 9

Scripture: Deuteronomy 13:6, If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which neither you nor your fathers have known,

Thoughts: Growing up I was a bit of an outcast. I had a very bad temper, I was placed in modified classes for slow and disabled students, and I was very socially awkward. I didn’t have many friends let alone ones who shared my beliefs. I am Grateful for the Men who have become as my own soul. I can now see how if one of the men who have come into my life start going astray it could be easy to follow. I know that would never out and out say let us go this other way. But the evil one can lead us away without the obviousness of that phrase. Let us strive together toward the One True God.

Prayer: Father I thank you for the men you have brought into my life, I thank you for the opportunity to pour into them as much as I get from them. I thank you for the provisions you have for me and the blessings you pour out on your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment