Thursday, April 25, 2019

April 25, 2019 Whom does it truly belong??

Reading: Deuteronomy 14-15, Psalm 88, and 2 Corinthians 10

Scripture: Deuteronomy 15:6, For the Lord your God will bless you, as he promised you, and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow, and you shall rule over many nations, but they shall not rule over you.

Thoughts: In society today we are so encouraged to live on credit and always have the newest and the best. Society says to keep up with the Jones. This passage was written and spoken to the nation of Israel over two thousand years ago and today we are adopted into that family through the blood of Christ Jesus. In that we have that same promise and same blessings if we walk in it. About 8-10 years ago I was living life to the “full” by living like the world on credit. I would buy what I wanted and pay what I could and I had a snare around my neck, I was oppressed by the debt and my believed inability to get out. After coming back into relationship with God I found a church that taught the principles of God first life second in all things.

Start with paying your tithes and gifts to the Lord and do it as a worship and honor him with it and live on the rest. When I started this I also cut up my credit card. With in a couple years of doing what God said I was out of debt except for my house and school loans, I am working on those next. There are great tools out there to help you but walk in God’s promises of blessings and do not barrow.

Prayer: Father I love you and honor you, I thank you for the blessings and provisions you pour out on us each and every day. I thank you for teaching me about your blessings and how to live within them. I ask that your provisions flow upon all and open their eye to the truth on where it all comes from and whom it all belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment