Monday, April 22, 2019

April 22, 2019 Where were you??

Reading: Deuteronomy 7-8, Psalm 139, 2 Corinthians 7, and Mark 9

Scripture: Deuteronomy 7:18-19, you shall not be afraid of them but you shall remember what the Lord your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt, the great trials that your eyes saw, the signs, the wonders, the mighty hand, and the outstretched arm, by which the Lord your God brought you out. So will the Lord your God do to all the peoples of whom you are afraid.

Thoughts: In this day there was no one beside Joshua and Caleb who were over the age of 60, there would have been many among then who would have been children during their exodus out of Egypt. Going into the promised land I would have had some fear looking at the giants and fortified cities. God’s reminder of what He did in Egypt and His promise to do the same to their enemies as they go into the land. Just like Israel we need the reminder of where we were and how far we have come. The story of the muck and mire that God pulls us from is the most encouraging and humbling thing we have. What have you see God do?

Prayer: Father I thank you that you pulled me from the mess I put myself into. You brought me into your embrace and forgave this saint of the sin he dug into. I thank you for your love and forgiveness. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us each and every day. Guide me and direct me in all that you have for me today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment