Monday, April 29, 2019

April 29, 2019 How dose your camp look???

Reading: Deuteronomy 23-24, Psalm 91, Galatians 1, and Mark 13

Scripture: Deuteronomy 23:14, Because the Lord your God walks in the midst of your camp, to deliver you and to give up your enemies before you, therefore your camp must be holy, so that he may not see anything indecent among you and turn away from you.

Thoughts: Our lives here on earth are as sojourners and our bodies are but tents in a camp waiting for the day that we get called to come home. I know when I go camping I feel like I am on the verge of the term “glamping,” I want to camp somewhere that has bathrooms and maybe even showers. I like to be clean and have some of the amenities when I “rough it.” With that being the case I will still become gross and the dirty clothes will pile up and there are times where I don’t know how holy my camp was. Our tent and camp (our body) are to be kept Holy and not let the indecent things be seen. God knows our indecent things, He has known us before he knit us together in our mothers womb. I love that God loves us where we are and where he found us, but he loves us so much that he won’t leave us in the muck he found us in. His leading and convictions in our heart and soul will help lead us into a deeper and richer relationship with him and will bring the refiners fire to heat us so that the impurities and come to the surface and be skimmed off the top and tossed out.

Prayer: Father I thank you for your refining fire. Continue to heat me and remove the things you don’t want in my life until you see your image in me. I thank you that you love me so much that you didn’t leave me where I was. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for me each and every day. I ask you continue to pour into me and give me the boldness to share the light, love and peace that you have given me and to share it with Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment