Tuesday, April 16, 2019

April 16, 2019 Who comforts you???

Reading: Numbers 32, Psalm 74, and 2 Corinthians 1

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Thoughts: As we go through things; trial, tribulation, persecution, or just our daily humdrum, how much do we notice the blessings of the mercies and comfort that God pours out onto us through Jesus and funneled where it is needed by Holy Spirit? I know especially when I am walking through my normal day to day life that the mercies and comforts are probably the last thing I think about. I am grateful they are there and that I have the ability to pour them out on those around me. I am grateful for a Church that encourages us to be in the Word every day. Without hearing God’s voice each day through the Word I would never have recognized it when he speaks to me. In that speaking to me I see more clearly the mercies and comforts he has placed in my life and empowered me to share and pour his love into others.

Prayer: Father, I fall on my knees before you, humble and prostrate, Here I am send me. I Know there is missions before my family I ask open our eyes and ears to the where and when. I thank you for your mercies and comfort you pour out on us each day. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out and make all things work. Open our hearts to receive your blessings, comforts, mercies and provisions but also make us a colander so that as you pour into us we pass that on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment