Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 30, 2019 Broken Flasks

Reading: Deuteronomy 25-27, Galatians 2, and Mark 14

Scripture: Mark 14:3, And while he was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he was reclining at table, a woman came with an alabaster flask of ointment of pure nard, very costly, and she broke the flask and poured it over his head.

Thoughts: In those days the flasks where sealed in a way that the only way to use any of the contents was to break it open and us it all, there was not a way to reseal it and keep some for later. Most of us today (including me) would try to keep some of this expensive stuff for ourselves. We have storage bags and containers that are reusable and resealable. We try to save all we can. When a flask is broken it does not just pour out it gets every where and nothing is held back. The Lord is pouring out upon us as a broken flask, it is going everywhere and getting into every bit of us. The best part of God’s broken flask is that it never runs out.

Prayer: Father I bask in your unending flow and outpouring into my life. I thank you for all you have done bringing me to this place. I thank you Lord for the provisions and blessings you pour out each day and the great love you have for us. I ask that you help me to share what you have given me and pour out as you pour out.

No comments:

Post a Comment