Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April 3, 2019 I want more.

Reading: Numbers 11-12,  Psalm 148, 1 Corinthians 4, and Mark 1

Scripture: Numbers 11:19-20, You shall not eat just one day, or two days, or five days, or ten days, or twenty days, but a whole month, until it comes out at your nostrils and becomes loathsome to you, because you have rejected the Lord who is among you and have wept before him, saying, "Why did we come out of Egypt?"

Thoughts: I see God provide for me every day, I live in one of the richest countries and I am in about the top 10% in the world income. We have cars and a house, we have food on our table. With all this wealth that we have I will still complain that my cars are almost 20 years old or my house is small or I don’t like the food in the house. The Israelites were getting tired of the Mana and were complaining, God decided to give them what they wanted until they were sick of it. We need to be careful not to complain about God taking care of us, our loving Father wants to give us good things but if we are not in the right place we could see the blessings as not what we want.

Prayer: Father, Thank you for all you do, I thank you for you blessings and provisions you pour out on us each day and the way you take care of us. I ask that you help me to keep a heart of gratitude and giving. Help me to pour out your love and provision upon others so that you can continue to pour into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment