Saturday, April 13, 2019

April 13 2019 Sacrifice this!!!!

Reading: Numbers 27-28 and 1 Corinthians 14

Scripture: Numbers 28:2, Command the people of Israel and say to them, 'My offering, my food for my food offerings, my pleasing aroma, you shall be careful to offer to me at its appointed time.'

Thoughts: Going through Numbers here and seeing all the offerings and sacrifices it reminded of the passage “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” Romans 12:1. In number we are told of all the sacrifices Israel was called to do just as regular worship not including all the times for sin or uncleanness or special occasions. So when Paul told the church in Rome they would have known the history of the sacrifices or if from a pagan background would know about putting animals and things on a alter for a god. We are what God is looking for today. As a living sacrifice we are placing ourselves in the hands of the Father and saying I’m yours today. For me this is a daily thing. Being a living sacrifice I may place myself on that alter in the morning but throughout the day I will start crawling off.

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful. I thank you for drawing me to you and giving me the opportunities to touch others. You oh Lord are my rock and my strength. I thank you for your provision and blessings you pour out on us. I thang you for the opportunity to be that sacrifice. I ask that you help me overcome the things that draw me to want to clime off the alter.

No comments:

Post a Comment